The objectives of the Sheltered Foundation are to:
- Support the development of the Institut Pasteur International Network;
- Increase the Network’s resources, facilitate the mobilisation of funds and safeguard its management capabilities;
- Raise the visibility of Network members as major operators in global health and medical research;
- Support the Network’s work in tackling and preventing epidemics.
In order to meet its objectives, the Sheltered Foundation may notably:
- Design and implement collaborative capacity enhancement programmes in support of public health and research;
- Design, finance and support training and technical expertise programmes;
- Deploy an active policy of patronage and identification of dedicated funds;
- Constitute and exploit emergency funds in the event of an epidemic.