The Pasteur International Network association, chaired by the Institut Pasteur in Paris via its President, has two governing bodies and one advisory body.
Board of directors
The Board of Directors determines the annual strategy, approves the budget for current and new activities and sets goals and objectives to be presented to the General Assembly.
The Board of Directors is convened twice a year followed by a General Assembly once a year.
The committee in charge of monitoring resolutions and operations, composed of 11 members:
- 5 representatives from institutes throughout the world.
- 4 representatives from the Institut Pasteur based in Paris.
- 2 co-opted external members.
The structure and current members are represented below:
The Institut Pasteur in Paris Representatives
- Stewart COLE, President (Chair) -Treasurer
- Isabelle BUCKLE, Vice-President Research Applications and Industrial Relations
- Arnaud FONTANET, Director Unit, Epidemiology of Emerging Diseases
- Christophe D’ENFERT, Scientific Director
- François ROMANEIX, Senior Executive Vice President of Administration and Finance
The term of office for elected representatives is three years and is renewable once.
- André SPIEGEL, Director of the Institut Pasteur of Madagascar
- Mirdad KAZANJI, Director of the Institut Pasteur of French Guyana
- Hong TANG, General Director of the Institut Pasteur of Shanghai – Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Benoît DEPREZ, Scientific Counsellor of the Institut Pasteur of Lille
- Hechmi LOUZIR, Director of the Institut Pasteur de Tunis
- Rebecca GRAIS, Director of the Research Department, EPICENTRE
- Marie-Paule KIENY, Research Director, INSERM
The General Assembly is held every year in November and is mandatory for all members. During this meeting, the directors discuss and analyse the progress of current projects, and approve training activities and funding for the following year and the financial and activity reports for the current year.
The General Assembly is also the opportunity for members to present and propose new activities as well as regional and global initiatives and collaborative actions.
For further information on the financial and activity reports, please visit our transparency page.
Scientific Steering Committee
The Scientific Steering Committee of the Institut Pasteur International Network
(COS-RIIP by its French acronym) is tasked with developing the strategy and setting standards for the scientific development of the Network’s activities.
The committee is responsible for consolidating the Network’s position and establishing it as a global public health authority. For further information, you can read the Network’s scientific strategy.
The association’s office is based in France, hosted at the Institut Pasteur in Paris. Discover the team on the team’s section.