The Institut Pasteur and the Pasteur Network association have launched the official Pasteur International Courses, or “PIC” label for the Network’s training programmes, workshops, and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs).
This program, coordinated by the Education Department, Department of International Affairs and Pasteur Network, will strengthen the visibility and appeal of the digital and onsite training offered throughout the Network.
It will also help to promote Pasteur courses/MOOCs to local and regional universities, develop partnerships with other stakeholders and contribute to the career development of future scientific and public health leaders.
Courses in the Pasteur Network
The Institut Pasteur and the members of Pasteur Network have always considered training in biological sciences for public health as one of its principal missions. This is why, the Institut Pasteur’s training programmes are constantly adapted to the rapidly changing research landscape, to equip future generations of scientists and health workers with the skills needed to address new global health challenges through research. It is pivotal to consistently offer the same world-class standards across all Pasteur-labeled courses, workshops and online programs and MOOCs, which now represent an important part of the Institut Pasteur’s educational program.
The new PIC labeling programme will ensure that, in an increasingly competitive environment, Pasteurian excellence will be recognised as best-in-class for research and training, attracting the students and researchers at all stages of their career, as well as laboratory technicians and health professionals.
- Certifying the excellence of Pasteur courses, including MOOCs, offered throughout the Network.
- Strengthening the visibility and appeal of education worldwide.
- Promoting the Institut Pasteur courses/MOOCs to local and regional universities as part of their respective academic credit system.
- Developing partnerships with other stakeholders such as public health agencies and international organisations.
- Contributing to the career development of tomorrow’s scientific and public health leaders.
Next call: November 2021
- Evaluation by external panel: March-May
- Decision committee meeting: May
- Results: June for pre-labeling