CERMES is a public scientific and technical establishment in Niger and it has three missions: Research, Public Health and Training.
CERMES has a Board of Directors and a Scientific Council and, from an executive point of view, a Chairman of the Board of Directors and a Chief Executive Officer. Under the control of the Scientific Department, research is carried out through its 3 research units:
- Bacteriology and Virology Unit (UBV)
- Unit of Malariology and Medical Entomology (UEM)
- Health, Environment and Climate Epidemiology Unit (UESEC)
Public health activities are carried out through its 4 National Reference Laboratories (NRL):
- NRL for resistance to antimalarial drugs.
- NRL for Meningitis, associated to the laboratory of strip production.
- LNR for Cholera.
- LNR for Influenza.
Visit the Cermes official website.