National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology
The National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology in Hanoi (NIHE) was founded in 1924.
The principal missions of the Institute are:
- Conducting scientific research in epidemiology, medical microbiology, immunology and molecular biology.
- Studying and developing new vaccines and biological products for humans.
- Directing some national health programs; (EPI,HIV/AIDS surveillance, Dengue fever, Rabies and Influenza surveillance).
- Providing the Minister of Health technical advice, policy, strategies, national guidelines and planning for prevention and control of infectious epidemics nationwide.
- Providing postgraduate training and retraining.
- Building a network of preventive medicine nationwide.
- Providing services for disease prevention and research consultancy.
For more information, visit the NIHE official website.